Beer and Cheese Potato Skins
Valerie Bertinelli's Spinach and Cheese Lasagna
Bertinelli grew up in a big Italian family; one of her go-to family favorites is her grandmother's lasagna, made with a rich béchamel sauce. Woman's Day lightened things up, creating a heart-healthy, lower-calorie version that mixes cottage cheese with the more traditional ricotta.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until finely chopped. Add the tomatoes, oregano and ¼ tsp pepper and process until puréed.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta, nutmeg, 1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup Romano and ¼ tsp pepper; fold in the spinach.
- Spread ½ cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9-in. baking dish. Top with 3 noodles and a quarter of the remaining sauce (a heaping ½ cup), and dollop with a third of the ricotta mixture (about 2 cups); repeat twice. Top with the remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella and 2 Tbsp Romano. Cover tightly with an oiled piece of foil (to prevent sticking) and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until the noodles are tender and the top is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Video: "Valerie's Home Cooking" Cookbook by Valerie Bertinelli on QVC
In June 2019, Jenner wore another shoulder-baring outfit to the CFDA Fashion Awards in Brooklyn, New York
How to Handle a Fair Weather Friendship
What Are The Differences Between Yoga And Walking
Lacoste FallWinter 2013-2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week
15 Times Celebrities Made T-Shirts Look Chic
11 Stress-busting foods
Chest and triceps supersize circuit
Hunger Games’ Keeps Surprising Us with More BeautyDetails
Mountain Biking Gear and Equipment
3 Ways to Gender Bend
Gosha Rubchinskiy Just Released Your Essential Coffee Table Tome
Addicted to scrolling – Is it time to break up with your phone
5. MagSafe was better than USB-C. What was Apple thinking
Robots and doctors work hand in hand to cure cancer patients